ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY (AUP)
19th Floor's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for 19th Floor IP Products and Services is designed to help protect 19th Floor, 19th Floor's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by 19th Floor. 19th Floor reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://19thfloor.net/aup.php.
Prohibited Uses of 19th Floor's Systems, Products and Services
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending unsolicited mail messages, including the sending of "junk mail" or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material ("e-mail spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, and political tracts. It also includes posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting). 19th Floor accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Unauthorized use, or forging, of mail header information (e.g. "spoofing").
4. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
5. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
6. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any 19th Floor customers or end-users by any means or device.
7. Knowingly engage in any activities that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any 19th Floor customers or end-users whether on the 19th Floor network or on another provider's network.
8. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send e-mail spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
9. Using 19th Floor's Services to interfere with the use of the 19th Floor network by other customers or authorized users. Each 19th Floor IP customer is responsible for the activities of its customer base/representatives or end-users and, by accepting service from 19th Floor, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a 19th Floor IP customer will be forwarded to the 19th Floor IP customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the 19th Floor Acceptable Use Policy occur, 19th Floor IP customer's Services reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating 19th Floor's AUP as 19th Floor deems appropriate, without notice.